Rise and Rove Travel (“Rise and Rove”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) is concerned about your privacy. While using our services, we may ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified. Please be assured that we will only use such information in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
While using our Services to make a booking, you may provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you. This information is your personal data. This information may include, but is not limited to your email address, name, phone number, address, and payment method. Please be aware that this information will still be considered provided to us even if you do not complete a booking.
If you contact us, whether by phone, e-mail, or another method, you’ll be asked to provide certain information. This is likely to include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number so we can respond to you appropriately.
There are also other instances when you’ll provide us with information, for example if you register to manage your booking via our website, leave a review, enter one of our competitions or complete a survey.
We may collect the following information when you use our services or make a booking from our websites and mobile apps:
- Passenger information, passport details, other ID document details;
- Insurance details;
- Relevant medical data and any special, dietary, religious or disability requests;
- Information about your purchases, including what you bought, when and where you bought it, how you paid for it and credit or payment information;
- Information about your browsing behavior on our websites and mobile apps;
- Information about when you click on one of our advertisements, including advertisements on other websites;
- Information about the way you access our digital services, including operating system, IP address, online identifiers and browser details;
- Social preferences, interests and activities.
We may collect the following information when you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services:
- Personal data you provide when you connect with us, including by email, mail, and telephone or through social media, such as your name, username and contact details.
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links within those communications that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal data:
- We may collect personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, retail partners, and public registers.
- Your insurance company, their agents, and medical staff may exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
- If you log-in using your social network credentials to connect to our platforms and online services e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, you will agree to share your user details with us. For example, your name, email address, date of birth, location and any other information you choose to share with us.
- We may also get information about you from other sources, such as your Service Providers, affiliates and other third-parties like credit reference agencies, payment processors, search engines or social media sites. We may use this information with other information you provide in order to complete or process your booking.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US ABOUT OTHERS
If you’re booking with others or for someone else, you will have to give us their information as well, for example their name and date of birth. It’s your responsibility to ensure that they are aware that you have done so, and also accept how we use and process their information as well as yours.
We only collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 18 with parent or guardian consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We may also collect information on how the Website is accessed and used. This may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Services, to improve and customize our Services.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time by way of your device settings.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies do not store personal identifying information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, should you choose to disable cookies, this may create functionality problems in the website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
What we do with the information we gather
Rise and Rove uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide the products and services you request
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your account or booking, provide you with the products and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may request.
To manage and improve our products, services and day-to-day operations
We use personal data to manage and improve our products, websites, mobile apps, customer loyalty or recognition programs and other services.
We monitor how our services are used to help protect your personal data, detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and misuse of services. This helps ensure that you can safely use our services.
We may use personal data to respond to and manage security operations, accidents or other similar incidents, including medical and insurance purposes.
We may use personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to develop and improve our product range, services, IT systems, security and the way we communicate with you.
To personalize your experience
We want to ensure that marketing communications relating to our products and services, including online advertising, are relevant to your interests.
To do this we may use your personal data to better understand your interests so that we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in. This enables us to tailor our communications to make them more relevant and interesting for you.
Looking at your browsing behavior and purchases helps us to better understand you as a customer and it allows us to provide you with personalized offers and services.
We may also measure responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, which enables us to offer you products and services that meet your needs as a customer.
If you do not want to receive personalized services from us, you can change your preferences online, over the phone or by emailing us at any time. We will update our records as soon as possible.
To make contact with you and interact with you
We want to serve you better as a customer so if you contact us, for example by email, mail, telephone or social media, we may use the personal data to provide clarification or assistance to you.
We may invite you to take part in customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Rise and Rove and by other organizations on our behalf.
To help us to better understand you as a customer, and to be able to provide you with services and marketing communications (including online advertising relevant to your interests), we may combine the personal data we collect when you make purchases in-shop with personal data collected from our websites, mobile apps and other sources.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
From time to time we may send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email. We may also send you information about other companies’ products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, based on your booking history, we may send you information about other trips we think may interest you. We will only do this if you previously agreed to receive these marketing communications.
When you book or register with us, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences online, over the phone, using the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, replying STOP to the short code in our marketing text messages or by writing or emailing us at any time. Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us you will miss out on receiving great offers and promotions that may be of interest to you.
If you choose to discontinue marketing communication, you may still receive service-related communications from us, if we have a legitimate reason to do so. For example, confirming bookings you make with us and providing important information about the use of our products and/or services.
We would like to hear your views to help us improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to participate or continue in our market research.
Sharing Personal Data with Suppliers and Partners
In order to provide products or services you have requested, we may share your personal data with suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines, hotels and other service providers for your booking.
We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. For example, companies that help us with IT services, storing and combining data, marketing, market research, processing payments and delivering products and services.
We may need to share personal data to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; this includes providing personal data to others for the purpose or preventing fraud and reducing credit risk.
When we share personal data with other organizations, we require them to keep it safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
We only share the minimum personal data that enables our suppliers and retail partners to provide their services to you and us.
Sharing Personal Data with Regulatory Authorities
So that you can travel, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may assist where appropriate.
We may share the minimum personal data necessary with other public authorities if the law says we must, or we are legally allowed to do so.
Sharing Personal Data within Rise and Rove
Our privacy notice applies to all of the services offered by Rise and Rove but excludes services that have separate privacy notices that do not incorporate this Privacy Notice. We may share the minimum personal data necessary with members of Rise and Rove for example, to provide the products and services you request; to manage and improve our products, services, and day-to-day operations; to help to personalize your experience; where appropriate, to make contact and interact with you; and if allowed and appropriate, for marketing purposes.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Rise and Rove may process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- Performance of a contract: We need to use your information to carry out the contract that you have with us and your Service Providers. For example, we will use your information to make bookings with the relevant third-party Service Providers.
- Consent: By registering for our website or making a booking you give us consent to process your personal data. You may also through your action(s) of providing us your details, consent to us sending you marketing and promotional material. If you do give us this consent, we’ll rely on this consent when contacting you. You can always withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing.
- Legitimate interest: We may use your information for our own legitimate interest, for example to personalize your experience. We may use your personal data to better understand your interests so that we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in. This enables us to tailor our communications to make them more relevant and interesting for you.
- Business transaction: We may use your data in connection with a business transaction such as the sale of a part or the whole of our business.
- To Comply with a legal obligation: So that you can travel, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
- To protect your vital interests or those of another individual: We may share your information in the case of an emergency. Your insurance company, their agents and medical staff may exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will retain your personal data for only as long as it is necessary for the uses set out in this Privacy Notice and/or to meet legal and regulatory requirements. After this period, we will securely erase personal data. If the data is needed after this period for analytical, historical or other legitimate purposes, we will take appropriate measures to anonymize this data.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction (including the EU if you are a European citizen), where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
SECURITY OF DATA
Any information that you provide is stored on secure servers and all payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access your information in the course of their work with us. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
OUR POLICY ON “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ONLINE PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you, although you should be able to access this information online through your account or booking.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Please include any details to help us identify and locate your personal data. Where we can provide data access, we will do so free of charge except where further copies are requested in which case a small fee will be payable based on administrative costs.
If you believe that any information we have pertaining to you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can also ask for your information to be rectified or erase, to object to the processing of your personal data and, where technically feasible, to ask for the personal data you provided us to be transferred to another organization.
We will update or erase your data, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You can also contact us if you have complaint about how we collect, store or use your personal data. We aim to resolve your complaints but if you are dissatisfied with our response, you may complain to the local data protection authority.
Please submit your request or complaint in writing to:
Rise and Rove
407 w. Imperial Hwy
Brea, CA 92821-4803
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request or complaint. We may also ask you for more information to help ensure that you are authorized to make such a request or complaint when you contact us on behalf of someone else.
If you are a citizen of the European Union, you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are a California resident, we may not delete your personal information if one of the following exceptions exists:
- Information is necessary to complete the transaction;
- Information is necessary to detect security incidents;
- Information is necessary to protect against deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Information is necessary to identify and repair errors;
- Information is necessary to promote free speech;
- Information is necessary for scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest;
- Information is necessary for internal uses of the company if those uses are reasonably expected by consumers;
- Information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
- Information is used internally in a manner that is compatible with the context of the collection.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES