The Istanbul & Cappadocia Addition
Extend our Greek Islands trip with our Istanbul & Cappadocia Add-on! (Or, join us only for Turkey.) Experience where East & West in Istanbul & the magic of Cappadocia in a thrilling 5 day adventure!
Life is short and the world is wide
Welcome! We are Rise & Rove, a modern group travel company that offers group adventures catering to women. Join us on curated, guided trips with very special activities designed to see, taste, explore and deeply experience incredible global destinations.
You’ll join a rad group of women ready to make friends and dive into the destination but we’ll take care of all the logistics and details. Your job: Show up and have fun. Simple as that.
The Istanbul & Cappadocia Addition
5 Days/4 Nights | May 28 - June 1, 2023
Visit Istanbul, the vibrant city of contrasts where East meets West and Europe meets Asia. We’ll experience how ancient civilization and modern life blend creatively together in this cosmopolitan mega city. You’ll then be whisked away on a whirlwind adventure through Cappadocia with its otherworldly landscapes, hot air balloons and magical fairy chimneys. An unforgettable adventure through Turkey.
Not to mention, you’ll have a group of 10 fun-loving ladies to experience it all with!
While unlikely, the itinerary is subject to change but we only adjust to improve the experience. Our priority is to provide the best travel experience ever!
Day 1: Istanbul
If you are joining us on the Greek Island Hopping Tour, we will fly out from Athens together and arrive in Istanbul after a short flight. Our private driver will take us into the city to our accommodations in the lively European center of Istanbul where shops and cafes abound. If you are meeting us in Istanbul, you’ll meet us at the hotel by mid-afternoon. We’ll get checked in and set out for our evening adventure. You’ll experience the true contrast of East meets West and Ancient meets Modern. Istanbul is known for their trendy rooftops overlooking the sparkling Bosphorus. We’ll watch the sunset over the divide between Europe and Asia while enjoying dinner with a view.
Day 2: Istanbul
Istanbul is one of the most historic cities in the world, with important relics of civilization dating back literally thousands of years, so it’s only fitting that we visit the Old City. Our guide will take us to Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Grand Bazaar to see an impressive sampling of humanity’s creations. After a brief rest, we’ll freshen up, then join our local guide for a culinary experience through Turkish cuisine in lively Beyoğlu. With Beyoğlu’s cosmopolitan history as a backdrop, we will eat our way through the classic and unknown eateries of the neighborhood, tasting specialties from all over Turkey.
Day 3: Cappadocia
We’ll head out early this morning for our whirlwind adventure through Cappadocia, land of the fairy chimneys and magical balloons over the mountains. We’ll fly from Istanbul to Kayseri, which is roughly an hour drive to the heart of Cappadocia. We’ll stay in a beautiful cave hotel filled with local charm and enjoy a traditional Turkish meal together before heading to bed early to get ready for sunrise. We’ll also ensure there is enough free time to do a little shopping before dinner, as the textiles and pottery in this region make for great souvenirs.
Day 4: Cappadocia/Istanbul
This morning we’ll have a traditional Turkish breakfast, picnic-style, outside overlooking the beautiful natural landscape of Cappadocia as the balloons fire up at dawn. You’ll enjoy coffee and a lavish spread as you take in the sunrise view. We’ll be sure to capture any photos you’d like of you with the magical backdrop. We’ll then hike through the beautiful valleys amongst the incredible landscape so unique to this region. We’ll fly back to Istanbul that evening, giving you plenty of time to rest after an early day in our private, comfortable airport transport. We’ll end the night checking in at a city hotel for a good night’s sleep.
Day 5: Istanbul
Today we’ll have breakfast and then you will be free to fly out, or enjoy another day at leisure in Istanbul. If you do choose to stay in the city another day, we have endless recommendations for activities and guided tours to get the most of your stay in this incredible city. We can arrange a Bosphorus cruise, photo tour of the city center, historic museum tours, food tours and give guidance for the best shopping. If you choose to stay more nights, we can help with guidance on hotels or securing additional nights at our selected accommodations.
Price: $1,550 USD per person
- Sunday, May 28 – Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Istanbul – Cappadocia
- If you are joining from the Greek Island Hopping Tour, you will arrive with the group the the afternoon of May 28 (please note, flight costs from Athens to Istanbul are NOT included)
- If you are joining on your own, please arrive in Istanbul by 1pm on May 28
- 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Walking city tour in Istanbul
- Walking evening foodie tour in Istanbul
- Round trip flight and transport to Cappadocia
- Lavish Turkish breakfast at sunrise in Cappadocia
- Guided hike through the natural landscape of Cappadocia
- Stylish, boutique accommodations in Istanbul
- Unique cave hotel in Cappadocia
- Guides, drivers and trip leaders
- Please note, flight to Istanbul is not included in the price
- Please note, traveler visa to Turkey is not included in the price and must be secured online. We will provide guidance on how to do this.
*Two people are assigned to a room; if you’d like your own room for an additional cost, please let us know! If you travel together with a friend and want to specify your roommate, no problem!
- Hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia (we can arrange this for you, but it is not included in the price)
- Upon booking: $500 USD deposit (applied towards total) – Note: If you’re booking Greek Islands and Turkey 2023 together, you only need to put down one deposit. Choose the combined trip in the booking form.
- 90 days prior to departure: 100% of total due.
- Accepted forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Debit, Online bank transfer (US travelers only).
- Up to 91 days before departure: You may cancel in writing via email and your deposit will be refunded in full.
- 90 days or less before departure: 100% of the trip total is non-refundable unless Rise & Rove must cancel the trip for an unforeseen reason. If the trip is cancelled by us, you will receive a full refund.
- This itinerary is active and involves a good amount of city walking and nature hiking.
- Arrival and departure airport for flights is Istanbul Airport on the European side of the city. Airport code (IST).
- Turkey requires US visitors to secure a visa in advance, which can be done online, and we will provide guidance on how to do this. The cost at the time of this posting is $50 USD but is subject to change. Please check if your country requires a visa in advance for visiting Turkey.
- Ensure you check your government’s official website for the passport requirements for entry into Turkey. At the time of this posting, if traveling from the US or Canada, your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date you expect to depart from Turkey and it must contain a blank page each for entry and exit stamps.
- We advise you to visit your country’s authority on health and traveling to determine what vaccinations you should have prior to travel in Turkey. Examples include the CDC in the USA and Public Health Agency of Canada. Even if vaccinations aren’t required, it’s a good idea to follow through with any recommendations.
- The official language in Turkey is Turkish, though English speakers are often easily accommodated.
- Currency in Turkey is the Turkish Lira.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance for any adventure.
- Weather at this time of year in Istanbul is warm, with highs in the high 70s/low 80s (F) and lows in the high 60s (F).
- Weather in Cappadocia at this time of year is mild, with highs in the low to mid 70s (F) and lows in the mid 60s (F).