The Greek Island Hopping Trip
Rise & Rove is a modern group travel company for women. Join us on an adventure through Greece! We’ll be sailing, hiking, snorkeling, eating and drinking our way through Paros and Santorini!
Life is short and the world is wide
Welcome! We are Rise & Rove, a modern group travel company that offers group adventures catering to women. Join us on curated, guided trips with very special activities designed to see, taste, explore and deeply experience incredible global destinations.
You’ll join a rad group of women ready to make friends and dive into the destination but we’ll take care of all the logistics and details. Your job: Show up and have fun. Simple as that.
The Greece Trip
9 Days/8 Nights | May 20 - 28, 2023
Immerse yourself in sapphire blue waters, darling whitewashed buildings and cascading fuchsia bougainvillea flowers. Enjoy golden sunsets, crisp white wine and the freshest seafood for every dinner. Your options will include caldera hikes with sweeping views, snorkeling in the Aegean Sea from your private boat and wandering the quaint streets filled with cafes, gelato shops and boutiques.
Not to mention, you’ll have a group of 12 fun-loving ladies to experience it all with!
With Istanbul only an hour and 30 minute flight from Athens, it’s this tour is the perfect addition to extend your stay. You’ll visit Istanbul, the vibrant city of contrasts where East meets West and Europe meets Asia. We’ll experience how ancient civilization and modern life blend creatively together in this cosmopolitan mega city. You’ll then be whisked away on a whirlwind adventure through Cappadocia with its otherworldly landscapes, hot air balloons and magical fairy chimneys. An unforgettable adventure through Turkey. Learn more.
While unlikely, the itinerary is subject to change but we only adjust to improve the experience. Our priority is to provide the best travel experience ever!
Day 1: Athens
Today our lucky ladies will be arriving and settling into the hotel for the evening. If you arrive early enough, we’ll provide some ideas for things you can do in Athens. It’s a walkable city and many of the iconic sites are very close to the city center. Later in the evening, we’ll sit down to a delicious Greek meal in a local restaurant where you’ll meet your trip mates and do some group bonding. We’ll get a good night’s rest before embarking on our first island the next morning!
Day 2: Paros
Today we’ll head out to the sea on the high speed ferry from Athens to Paros. Paros is one of the more bustling islands in the Cyclades and we are staying in one of the most picturesque towns in all of Paros, the seaside village of Naoussa. After some time to settle in and really soak in the vibes, we’ll take a short walk into town for a nice dinner by the sea. Paros is also known for it’s lively nightlife so if you are interested in keeping the party going, you can check out the scene with your new buddies.
Day 3: Paros
After breakfast, we’ll head to Santa Maria beach for a day of hanging at the beach with the option to do plenty of water sports including windsurfing, snorkeling, SUP, kayaking…or the leisure sport of relaxing under an umbrella with a beautiful view. The beach clubs can also be very lively with DJ music and drinks so it’s really a choose your own adventure day. We’ll grab lunch at the beach. When we return back to the hotel, the night is yours to explore how you wish.
Day 4: Paros
Today is about you. You can wake up whenever you choose (breakfast is included at the hotel) and you’ll have the day at leisure to wander the quaint streets and shop, hang out by the pool, watch the fisherman – whatever makes your heart content. This day is all about recharging and spending some slow time on the island. For sunset we’ll gather for a cocktail at one of the prettiest spots in Naoussa and follow up with dinner as a group for our last night in Paros.
Day 5: Paros/Santorini
After breakfast we’ll head to the ferry port to depart for our final island destination, Santorini! We’ll arrive in Santorini by early evening, check in, get settled and have dinner with a view of the famous caldera at an incredible spot with all the vibes right in the center of Fira – a perfect opening act to our time in Santorini.
Day 6: Santorini
We’ll have a leisurely morning, allowing you to soak in the incredible atmosphere, get some pool time, wander and chill. In the afternoon we’ll head to the water to embark on our sunset sail around the island where we’ll hit up the famed beaches, have time for swimming and snorkeling and then top it off by watching the golden sun sink into the horizon. Optional caldera hike to Oia in the early morning.
Day 7: Santorini
Today we’ll have a little more free time in the morning to wander and explore the island, then head out for a winery tour and meze tasting in the afternoon. You’ll have an opportunity to visit a couple of different wineries and learn a thing or two about why Greek wine is not to be missed! Not to mention the best tasting sampler of Greek food – the meze, which is also not to be missed.
Day 8: Ferry to Athens
For our last official day we’ll enjoy our last breakfast on the islands then take the ferry back to Athens and settle into our city hotel for the last evening in Greece together. The following day you may fly out but we always recommend this buffer day for returning back from the islands just in case the ferries are delayed.
Day 9: Departure day
Today we don’t have any planned activities so you may depart anytime. We are happy to make suggestions and recommendations should you find yourself in Athens for longer. Or, even better: Extend your trip and join us on the Istanbul-Cappadocia Addition, a magical whirlwind through Turkey! Istanbul is a mere hour and a half flight from Athens so it’s a great easy add on to the trip.
Price: $3,850 USD per person
- May 20-28, 2023
- Athens – Paros – Santorini
- Arrive Athens (ATH) May 20, 2023
- Depart Athens (ATH) May 28, 2023
- Only 2 spots left!
- Well-located accommodations at hand-picked, stylish, boutique hotels*
- 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners with local table wine included
- Paros beach club day done right with personal beach chairs & umbrellas plus access to optional water sports including SUP, kayaking, snorkeling and kite surfing
- Private sunset sail in Santorini with dinner and wine on board
- Santorini winery tour and meze tasting in a local taverna
- All ferries and flights within Greece (but not to or from your origin)
- Guides, drivers and trip leaders
*Two people are assigned to a room; if you’d like your own room for an additional cost, please let us know! If you travel together with a friend and want to specify your roommate, no problem!
Exclusions & Optional Extras
- Alcoholic beverages are not included beyond those explicitly mentioned in the Inclusions section.
- Flights to or from your origin are not included in the price. Booking and payment for flights are the responsibility of the traveler, though Rise & Rove will assist with guidance if requested.
- Tips and gratuities are not included in the trip cost and are optional; you may use your discretion and we’ll provide suggestions where applicable.
- Travel insurance is not included. We very strongly recommend getting travel insurance. After booking we will recommend a good travel insurance option or you may purchase your own policy.
- Single Supplement: $850 per person
- Upon booking: $500 USD deposit (applied towards total). Note: If you’re booking Greek Islands and Turkey 2023 together, you only need to put down one deposit. Choose the combined trip in the booking form.
- 90 days prior to departure: 100% of total due
- Accepted forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Debit, Online bank transfer (US travelers only)
- Up to 91 days before departure: You may cancel in writing via email and your deposit will be refunded in full.
- 90 days or less before departure: 100% of the trip total is non-refundable unless Rise & Rove must cancel the trip for an unforeseen reason. If the trip is cancelled by us, you will receive a full refund.
- Many areas in the itinerary are built on cliffs and any traveler must be capable of walking up and down large amounts of stairs and on uneven surfaces.
- Many accommodations in Greece do not have elevators and travelers must be able to climb stairs and carry luggage without an elevator.
- Main airport for flights is ATH – Athens International Airport
- Greek is the official language, but many people speak English
- Currency in Greece is Euro (our prices are in USD)
- Please note: Early bird discounts may not be combined with other discount promotions.
- We advise you to visit your country’s authority on health and traveling to determine what health advisories you should consider prior to travel in Greece. Examples include the CDC in the USA and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Ensure you check your government’s official website for the passport and visa requirements for entry into Greece. At the time of this posting, if traveling from the US or Canada, you do not require a visa for a visit less than 90 days but you must have at least 2 blank pages in your passport and your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date you expect to depart from Greece.
- When on the islands, you’ll need to drink bottled water, not tap
- Weather in May is mostly sunny with average highs of 75F and lows of 62F